For restaurant remodeling that combines craftsmanship and efficiency, depend on Concetti Contracting Services We are very experienced in meeting the restaurant industry’s need for attractive renovations that are code-compliant, on-budget and completed with minimal business interruption. Whether you need a restaurant facade upgrade or a complete interior re-design, we create state-of-the-art, solutions-oriented restaurant designs throughout southern California.
Restaurant Improvement Services Include:
- Restaurant renovations, remodeling and additions
- Experienced, efficient restaurant project management
- Theme-based restaurant design, menu boards and signs
- Commercial kitchen and food service upgrades, repairs, etc.
- Precision placement / connection of restaurant equipment
- Municipal permitting, ADA and restaurant code compliance
- Solid craftsmanship: flooring, wall coverings, painting, furniture,
ceilings, window treatments, art and accessories, walls, surfaces,
counter tops and display cases
Restaurant Remodeling Services Include:
- Coffee shops
- Super markets
- Ice cream & yogurt shops
- Retail & mini-marts
- Food courts
- Sandwich shop
- Industrial kitchens / commercial kitchens
- Type I / type II exhaust hoods
- Mention health department
- Grease trap
- Grease interceptors
- Walk-in coolers
- Walk-in freezers
- Restaurant & kitchen equipment installation
- Kitchen design
What’s On The Menu?
- The importance of an experienced construction team.
- The importance of an experienced design team.
- Review the City’s construction standards and guidelines for Commercial Hoods.
- Examine numerous disabled access requirements and drawings.
Guidelines for Restaurant Construction:
Constructing a new restaurant can be a challenging process. Nevertheless, those challenges can be substantially reduced if you will review the guidelines and recommendations contained in this brochure. The successful restaurateur must first realize that the applicable building codes have become much more intense over the past several years. Due to those numerous changes and the sophisticated nature of the design and construction needs for restaurants, we recommend that you solicit the assistance of a design professional who has specific experience in restaurant design and construction. Here are a few points to keep in mind:
- Hire qualified professionals to assist you. Obtain qualified design and construction assistance from experienced Architects, Engineers, and Contractors. The additional cost of hiring qualified professionals, experienced in restaurant design and construction, will help to eliminate many problems during the plan review and construction phases of the project. Generally speaking, the more experienced your team, the smoother the permit and construction process will be. These professionals can help you to navigate the numerous challenges inherent with restaurant design and construction and you will be more likely to open your restaurant on time because problems are eliminated before they occur.
- Ask Questions before you complete the design work. The City’s plan review staff are eager to discuss the varied and highly technical requirements of the building codes with you and your design team. Please seek our input and assistance early in the design process.
- Ask Questions during the construction phase. The role of the Building Inspector is to assure that construction meets the minimum standards established by the State of New York so that your patrons enjoy a certain level of safety. Unfortunately, the Building Inspector is often the bearer of bad news when some aspect of the construction does not meet the minimum standards. The best way to avoid bad news (usually in the form of a correction notice from the Building Inspector) is to use the Building Inspector as you’re unofficial construction adviser. Ask them questions about specific aspects of the work before the work is actually performed. In many cases, the Building Inspector can give you a “heads-up” before a problem is created, if you will merely ask for their input early on in the process. Feel free to schedule a Building Inspector to visit your job site as often as you feel is necessary to keep problems in check.
- Check with the County Department of Environmental Health. The County Department of Environmental Health has specific requirements for restaurants. Access to a variety of information is available through their web site. Check their A Forms and Guidelines page for specific information on restaurant requirements.
- Do your part to be informed. Restaurant construction is challenging. Although we have attempted to provide you with these generic guidelines, each restaurant will have its own unique challenges. It is not possible for us to foresee the unlimited variety and scope of all the potential problems that may be encountered. However, if you will do your part to be informed and to bring together a qualified and experienced team, most problems can easily be rectified early in the process.